Thursday, May 21, 2009

Personal Effectiveness Dimension - Improvisations

There were many times in which Improvisation, a sub dimension from the Personal Effectiveness Dimension had taken place in my life. When I came to the United States by myself I was not aware of the culture shock I was about to experience. I did not have friends, know anyone, nor did I have people to socialize with and that killed me inside. I have always been a very sociable person with lots of friends and family, where expressing love and feelings was common practice. Now that I was here I could not show my love or say I love you to anyone, because to say those things to people that I just met was not the culture, so I had to Improvise whenever I made those mistakes. For example, after kissing someone on the chick because I would forget I was not suppose to do that, I would immediately let them know that I was sorry and that it was an automatic reaction because that was the way we greeted in my country. Through improvisation I have changed and learned to express my feelings in different ways. For example, I learned to greet people without kissing them on the chick, and show I care without being too affectionate.

No comments:

Post a Comment