Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Personal Effectiveness Dimension - Maturity

Maturity is a sub dimension that helped me through my multicultural process in the United States. For example, since the time I left Venezuela I began to live life by myself, and did everything on my own. I learned how to be self-sufficient and that allowed me to mature faster than if I had not come here. I would get so lonely at night and miss my family and friends. I was missing my social life from Venezuela, but at the same time I was enchanted by my experience. Everyday I would learn something new about the language, the culture, the people, and about myself.
I had never had time to see myself as I did when I came to the U.S. Those times of solitude helped me become strong and learn about what I wanted in life. I also learned many of the things I was capable of doing. For example, I was able to be far away from my whole family surrounded by new people and survive just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment