Saturday, May 16, 2009
Helping others through Cross-Cultural Communication
While learning English and improving my skills I helped other foreign students with their English assignments, we all wrote journals for our class and we would read them out loud and learn from each other. It was fascinating to see so many people with different cultures in one room, following the same objective, learn English and survive in a foreign land. I felt so alive, meeting and knowing I was having this opportunity to see people from all over the world. There were people from Laos, Middle East, Africa, China, Japan, Mexico, Russia, Ukraine, and others. Cross-cultural Communication is exactly what was happening as I attended classes with these students and the knowledge that I learned of their cultures is irreplaceable. I was living everyday to the fullest obtaining cultural background knowledge from all of them. I learned that there were students coming from countries that were so far away, yet they had some of the same beliefs that I had.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment