Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Personal Effectiveness Dimension - Curiosity and Learning
Another sub dimension I had was that of Curiosity and Learning. This was a process that allowed me to gain all the knowledge I now posses in regards with my English speaking abilities and learning about other cultures. For example, even though it was quite frustrating not to be able to communicate with anyone, I was always curious about everything that occurred around me and tried to interpret what was going on. My actions helped me learn and improve my intuitiveness. I have always known that the only way to learn English for me was to surround myself by people who spoke it fluently, so I would ask questions whenever things didn’t make sense. For example, when people used slangs like “IT’S BAD” meaning bad as in good. If I would have shut my mouth and just misinterpret people’s slang usage I would have never been able to clearly understand a conversation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment